Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Most Beautiful Woman in the Whole World....


My Beautiful Mom

Tonight as I finally take a few minutes to reflect amongst the craziness of packing and all the changes happening, this Mother's Day takes on a new meaning for me this year! Every year Mother's Day comes and goes and I do what I can to show my Momma just how much I love her from miles and miles away... This year of course was no different in terms of being apart, but having a baby in the cooker myself, something feels different and I get emotional and all choked up just thinking about how amazing and special my mom is... (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm pregnant, but still..)

Ever since I graduated from college I have realized more and more that I am my mother's daughter.... I mean we are almost more like twins sometimes than Court and I... Our bodies are the same, we often get mistaken for each other on the phone, we are both competitive and type A personalities, I could go on and on... Anyways, there is a special place in my heart for my Mom and it seems to grow bigger and bigger as every single day goes by.

As I prepare for our move to Scottsdale, I am also preparing physically and emotionally for little Oliver... My body is starting to quickly remind me these days that I am pregnant and I'm telling you.... I HAVE EVERY PREGNANCY SYMPTOM/CHANGE in the book.... While I love it all because I know the reward is coming, I can't believe that my beautiful Mom carried two full-term babies (7 lbs, and 6.2)!!!!! WHAT??? I think that means she is a Saint in my book! As I am getting overwhelmed with all the preparations still to come and the big changes that come along with a baby, I can't imagine how she felt knowing that God was giving her the 2 for 1 deal! How overwhelming to think about! Mom- I admire you for what you and your body went through for us... and am sorry too!

Not only was she the Mommy of 3 active, crazy and love-to-shop girls, but she did it with such grace! You see, our Mom loved us more than anything and would give up anything to make something work, but she was tough on us! Of course at the time I didn't like it (and I let her know that= soap in my mouth all.the.time) but I now see why and am beyond thankful for her tough love! Being an educator, I see so many Moms give in to everything their child wants and it just breaks my heart.... Those poor kids are growing up in a world where everything is handed to them and everything is a "Yes, honey..." How sad and scary for our society...

My mom is perfect in my eyes in every way and as I become a Mommy myself, I just hope and pray I can be just like her... She does the little things to show us her love, she gives Jesse and I our space so we can grow and become our own little family, she welcomes us into her home and is ready to start cookin' and having fun, she loves planning fun vacations for our family, she takes such good care of my Dad and is such a perfect wifey, she works part time to help pay for all 3 of our colleges and do the extras, she NEVER complains about anything, she loves the outdoors and nature, she is Susie Homemaker 24/7, she has such a tender/emotional heart but won't always show it (she's German... that explains a lot), she has taught us girls how to be independent and strong-willed women, and best of all.... She will be the world's BEST Grammy ever!

Mom- Your DeeDee girl loves you more than anything and I hope you know just how amazing you are! Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. this almost made me cry, d! love you AND our beautiful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't be more honest and correct about our amazing mama... she is an inspiration and I can't wait to see her motherly traits in you come September!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete