Saturday, May 31, 2014

10 Months… What?

Look at ME??? Yes, I am writing my 10 month post a day after Oli's "10 month birthday!"  It's been one of my all time favorite months with our little guy! He is SOOO busy these days and I can hardly keep up with him and all my other Mommy and Wifey duties around the house! When people warned me about little boys and always getting into everything.. I sorta blew them off, not gonna lie! I had NO idea that it starts this young.. It's either that or I have the ULTIMATE Curious George on my hands.. Which if you know me… It's probably a mini-me Curious George I've got.. Payback right? Oliver hears one little sound and he turns so quickly to find out what's going on.. I have to hold him tight when I'm carrying him, because he tends to try and jump out of my arms if there is something interesting going on.. Not really, but kinda… He wants IN on the action!

He gets super bored at home (I don't blame him… you can only play and play again with the same ol' toys..) so Momma and Oli take lots of trips out and about, jogs, walks, swim class, music class and outings to the gym! The boy wants to be busy discovering all that this world has to offer and I LOVE IT! Plus, I start getting nutty when I'm home all day too! At one point in our lives it was easier to just stay home.. Now, it's the opposite! I stock the diaper bag full of snacks, bottles, diapers and toys and we're outta' the house gettin' things done! One day, I'm sure I'll miss my errand buddy when he goes to school. This has been a very good thing for me to learn to deal with.. My A type personality tends to want to get everything on a list and checked off that list.. Well… I am well into discovering that with littles, sometimes things have to wait, you have to call and reschedule appointments, and you do your best to get out of the house looking half decent… Flexibility is key and SO is PATIENCE! :) Mommyhood ain't easy, but it's worth every single moment!

Here's what is new with Mr. Oliver (Not my Dad, our kid..)

* He loves eating real food WAY better than baby food.. Can't blame him, have you tried eating that stuff? He loves any sort of fruit, yogurt smoothies, carrots, little pieces of chicken and cheese, and the boy can NOT get enough of "treat puffs" or yogurt drops… He loves them! I think he feels so BIG when he eats things on his own with his little fingers! He loves his sippy cup with cold water and a little bit of juice..

* He loves being in the water! Not the smily/splashy type of love, but the calm and serious love.. He went all the way under water and didn't seem bothered at all.. Don't worry, it was a quick little under, not some sort of traumatic experience! It's so nice to cool off in the pool, especially when it's baking at 105 outside already! Oh…. and I also learned the lesson of… NEVER, ever, EVER, and i mean EVER put a baby or non-potty trained kid in their swim diaper until you get to the pool… :) THEY WILL POOP IN IT.. even if it's been 5 seconds that they had it on and even if they already went that morning!!!!

* This is a weird one, but he loves and I mean LOVES sucking on straps… Carseat straps, stroller straps, high chair straps, drawstrings to my shorts or shirts… any shape or form of a strap will be in his mouth! Crazy kid! Oh.. and he likes picking at and eating carpet pieces if he gets them up… Yup.. already into trouble!

* He LOVES bubbles! We got the world's greatest invention of a bubble machine.. Parents… if you haven't gotten it or heard of it, it's the Hurricane Bubble Blower and Gazillion bubbles to go with it… It takes bubbles to a whole new level and you won't regret buying it…!!!! No comparison to the 2 bubbles I blow per minute!

Get it on Amazon! $15.00!!!! SO WORTH IT!
You want to also buy the big bubble solution separately!
* He constantly tries to pull himself up onto furniture and his chair.. He hates lying down I think.. He wants to be moving.. He's gotten to be a pretty fast crawler, and I wouldn't be surprised if he starts running marathons like tomorrow.. He is determined! No, I'm not bragging because honestly… I don't want him to start getting fast.. That means more trouble! 

* We finally got smart and realized that our little chicken was waking up when the sun started coming up! People… the sun comes up here at like 4:45 or 5:00… Not happening! Another reason why Arizona doesn't do daylight savings! Thank God, because then we would have been up at 3:45am!!!! This is not fun for parents…And I've heard it's a fairly common problem around here! Many Moms are exhausted because of their early risers getting up with the sun!  So, we have now blacked out his windows… Such a life changer!  

Now for the cuteness….

these two. just. melt my heart. 

My Oli Baby

lookin' good boys!

Heading to the Bubeck's for Memorial Day fun in the pool

he's turning into a kid.. where did my baby go? 

give him his chair and a lid.. endless entertainment!

umm??? See what I mean.?

hahha

look at me Mom!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting us to revisit your site. Oli is adorable and so are you and Jesse.
    Love reading all about Oli's cuteness!
    Stay cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWW well thank you for keeping up with us! :) It's a fun way for me to journal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, I just saw your comment on Lesley's fundraising page. Thank you so much for donating! I really appreciate it and thank you for praying for me. I have needed prayers so badly over the past year and I feel like things are starting to fall into place and prayers are finally being answered (although I hate to get my hopes up too much!) Congrats on your little one, he looks like a little sweetheart! Take care

    ReplyDelete