Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies… Heaven is for real!

The boy is fed, burped, changed, cuddled and now he is down for a nap…. Or by down for a nap I mean, hiccuping and trying to fall asleep.  Poor guy, he's like his Momma! We get hiccups all the time! Who knows why, or what causes it, but I never grew out of it either, so it's one of those special things I gave to him… Sorry bud.

Oh yah… and I've been doing a lot of this too….

Yes people, millions of pumping parts and bottles to
wash several times a day will make you go a little nuts...

So, that means MOMMY TIME and mommy time will be spent telling you how much I am love with a cookie….. Really, it's a true love and I could eat these things silly! I think it was a couple years ago that some Albuquerque girls started a food blog called ChowCity.  Well, it was one of the first blogs I found and followed and tried a lot of their yummy recipes… BUT… NOTHING BEAT THIS ONE!!!!! I've make them every fall and would like to start making them every.single.day… If I start turning orange, you'll know why. You remember that I love and obsess over anything with pumpkin? Well, this is no different ladies and gentlemen! I introduce to you… THE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE! You will love it and become obsessed with me over it, I promise! It's not just any ol' cookie, it's like a cake cookie and you could eat a million in 2.2 seconds! To give credit where credit is due, I believe this recipe was from Dani Sorenson, which I am forever grateful for her sharing!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 
(AKA The Goddess of all Pumpkin Things..) 

Ingredients:

1 heaping cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

To Make These Bad Boys: 

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg in a mixing bowl.  In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.  Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir it in.  Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.  Add the vanilla and chocolate chips too! Do yourself a favor and don't be stingey on the chocolate chips... :) 

The "cookie dough" should be soft and sticky

Drop by spoonful (I use a cookie/ice cream scoop) onto a greased cookie sheet or Silpat mat.

If you haven't invested in a Silpat, do so NOW..

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.  I put mine in for 11 minutes and that seemed to be perfect! 

Thank me later for the delicious smell in your house from these cookies baking…
After you're done, let cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet/mat.



Transfer to a wire cooling rack and be sure to test one out while they are still warm...

You're welcome! :) Happy Fall!!!!!

I am feeling a little extra giddy today because tomorrow we get to have a special visit from some special  people! Gam and Papo (Debbie and Dan), Aunt Jasmine, Uncle John, Sweet Darby and the BOYS (twin A and B) are coming to spend some time with us tomorrow! Can't wait to steal some snuggles from our sweet little niece and rub Momma's belly!!!!

I mean, C'mon… Could she be any cuter?
And the girl stole my heart again with those little leopard flats…. 

Lookin' good, boys! Keep growing big and strong!
Can't wait to introduce you to the Twins Club!


Enjoy the rest of your week everyone! Make it a good one and remember to count your blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment