Friday, September 20, 2013

Today was the day….

Today was a very special day in my book… Literally… It was inked into my lovely Erin Condren planner and had stayed there since January 2013….. It was my Due Date….. My very first due date that had been given to us by the ultrasound tech back in Albuquerque… It was the day that I could plan my next nine months around and be excited for! I had always imagined what it would be like to be given a "due date" and to be able to pencil it in, like it's some regularly scheduled event or "to-do" for that day.. Granted, I know that most people don't actually deliver their babies on their due date, it gives you a guideline to work with, plus or minus a week or two… Well.. never did I imagine that having a due date in September would leave me delivering our sweet Baby # 1 in JULY!!!!! NEVER! I kind of always had a feeling that Oliver would come early, but early meaning a few weeks early, not a few months! I popped out right away and he got big fast.  He was always moving, and I mean ALWAYS… He's always sort of had this, "I'm HERE and you better be ready" sort of attitude I've felt.. That's when I should have known :)

Today was a day filled with morning "blow-out" diaper changes (and clothes and changing liners), milk mustaches, fussing and crying "Mom… I'm hungry again" cries, more bottle washing, but most importantly SNUGGLES AND KISSES… Instead of being in the hospital right now, still being pregnant in this hot heat of Arizona, or still recovering from a c-section… I was the lucky one! I was cuddling and loving on our sweet Oliver Reid Barnsley who just couldn't wait another day to get here! And he did everything in his power to let it be known that he was ready… He wanted to meet us… IN JULY!

He is our little surprise, our miracle and our baby who gave us the title of "Mommy and Daddy…" Today I am just thanking God that He had HIS big hands protecting our sweet boy every step of the way, and HE gave us an early present… He trusted us with taking care of him even before we were supposed to in our minds… He gave us a healthy, strong, happy and beautiful baby boy! Today, and every day Sweet Oliver, we celebrate YOU! You, are here, you've been here for almost 7 weeks now and you are the greatest GIFT FROM GOD! Happy DUE DATE and thank you for saving Mommy the extra baby weight, discomfort and sweat and allowing me to enjoy my glasses of wine more frequently… We love you and will forever cherish our bundle of joy and be thankful for all the sweetness you've brought into our lives!

Thanks Aunt Courtney in Hawaii for my awesome burp cloth! 

Oliver's party suit! 

He's done with the photo sesh…
 It takes a lot of work to do what he does, you know? 

1 comment: