Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Phoenix Open

Living 2 minutes from the Ol' TPC Scottsdale or the Stadium Course, means that it was on our "Must Do" list to go to this crazy tournament this year! My parents wanted to come down to see what all the hype was about and then Abbs couldn't miss out either! Dan decided to come last minute and it was ONE GIANT PARTY all weekend long! Lucky for us, one of Jesse's Doc's is the Medical Director of the tournament… Ummm.. YES to free tickets everyday and YES to the awesome parking pass right across the street! Guys, I'm not kidding you.. If you have never gone to this tournament, it's a MUST for you to put on your bucket list! There isn't anything else like it! Compared to the U.S Open where people actually cared to watch great golf, this was ummm.. not so much like that.. It was a social event where there was literally a row of bars in the middle of the course. I am not kidding, girls were actually in their Kentucky Derby hats and sundresses… Boys were in their "Wasted Management" t-shirts or rocking their super Fratastic croakies and Sperry's… It was a show.. In fact I may have watched 5 shots the whole time because the rest of the time I enjoyed people watching.. I'm telling you.. It was awesome and the most fun I've had in a long time! :)  We were probably the most sober people there.




Thursday night Jake Owen was playing at the Birds Nest (which is right by the course and holds concerts every night of the tournament.) Abbey, Jes and I went (Thanks to the Doc for that too) and had such a great time rockin' to some good ol' country music.  The Birds Nest is where people stumble head over to after the tournament.. The party never stops people, seriously! I love me some Jake, so I was pretty stoked that we scored tickets to the show!


Good to get out for the night with my babe






this guy.. what?





We basically took turns babysitting and watching golf.. And having a drink or two as well… After all, this is the craziest tournament in all of the tournaments! The attendance record was broken again this year and it continues to be the most wild/most attended tournament on the PGA! :) We went Friday through Sunday and then continued our party and partied through the Super Bowl… Which was the World's Worst Game Of.All.Time.. So, we enjoyed our wings, dips and other yumminess and laughed our way through the awesome commercials! Such a fun weekend spent with family and more memories to go down in the books! Next year Oli boy can tag along and we can't wait!


Out for a stroll with Nana and Papa

watching the guys come in on 18

the cutest. ever

So once upon a time i said, "Arie.." And he turned around.
And I said, "Hi!" "Can we take a picture with you!"
I love the Bachelor and this is the only "celebrity" I have
ever recognized in public.  Proud Moment in my life!

The Boys

Why did I have to ruin this? 

Hey Bubba! Glad you and I get our hairs done at the same Salon!

Cheers

A must at the golf tournament: An ice race down the hill
called "Who can hit the cup.."

Dad was the judge.
BTW.. That's Abbey's ice cube. Umm.. Try Again.

oh you know.. just hangin with my Papas and Papos

He loves his Bee

on 16.. Finally got to see it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment