Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Could Get Used to This!

Ok, so I have to admit that the first few days of being put on strict bed rest was tough mentally.  I doubted everything about myself! I thought there was no way I'd not go into labor soon, no way I could just lie in a bed in the same hospital room without going psycho, no way I could gather up my strength to deal with our new situation and on and on and on.... Well, I proved myself wrong and while at times I still feel like I am kinda going nuts, in the big picture of life, this ain't too bad! :) I know I'm in the best place possible for our little guy to be monitored 24/7 so I don't have to worry about him if I were sent home.  I have room service delivered whenever I want and a personalized snack menu just scheduled for me.  I have the luxury of having new/clean bed sheets every single day.. We have the most gorgeous flower and cookie arrangements in our room to enjoy and scarf down whenever I please, and Jesse is my "on call" foot massage therapist as needed!!!! Really? I have come to realize, I'm kinda getting spoiled and too pampered! Soon, once I deliver those things will probably be gone for a good while... I'll be going into full time Mommy mode, spending much of my day in the NICU for however long and waiting hand and foot on our sweet Oli boy! I'll probably be begging to be put back on bed rest here in a few months when I'm up all night looking like a crazy zombie walking around! So, life is good and I am more than at peace! It's amazing how I've gotten to that point in a week's time when I never thought that was possible! God is humorous, isn't He?

Ok, so update:

- I am 31 weeks and 5 days today! Woot Woot! Chuggin' along.. My baby bump is growing for sure! :)
- Everything has remained the same with Oliver, his heart rate, movement, and my vitals which means we are doing a good job staying away from that nasty infection we don't want!
- No contractions to very random contractions still
- Still leaking some fluid which is obviously still to be expected. BUT people, I am drinking close to 100 oz. of water a day! Doing my best to keep him swimming in there, I promise!
- Dr. Eckel said we will do the Vaginal Pool test on Monday to see whether or not we have lung maturity at that point.  If it's a yes, then let the fun begin.  He said there would be a high chance he would then start me on Misoprotol or Cytotec which is a cervix "ripener." It's given every 3-4 hours to prepare the cervix and then they will induce my labor with Pitocin.  So, that could all go down next week.  I have been preparing for that just in case! Obviously there is a chance his little lungs won't be mature in which case, I'm sure they'll let him cook for a bit longer, probably until 34 weeks (around August 9th) if there are no signs of infection.

So, I will keep everyone updated with anything new of course! Thanks so much for your continued prayers and love- our hearts are very full and we couldn't do this without our wonderful family and friends' support! We love you all! I'll post some fun pics later on to show you how we are getting into trouble around here and passing the time!

Fun Fact: I asked Dr. Eckel today how many babies he thinks he has delivered.. He said about 7,000!!!!!!! I know he's been down this road once or twice, don't ya think? :)

My daily encouragement: "Your imagination is like a canvas. You can paint on it any kind of picture you choose through your thoughts, attitudes, and what you decide to focus on. Don't let doubt or fear paint on your canvas. Don't let "impossible" or "can't be done" thoughts blur the colors on your canvas." - Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment