Monday, July 29, 2013

What's It Gonna Be?

Well this morning sure has been more of an eventful morning than most! :) I was woken up around 5:00 am to have my blood drawn.  Really? Why was it necessary to do that so early? Come on people! :)  I guess it's the hospital's protocol to do this about every 3 days to update your blood type should you need anything while in the OR.  Who knows why this was the first time they have done that since I was admitted, but oh well... I won't tell their boss! So, what a fun wake up call, hah!

Then around 7:30 am Dr. Eckel came in for his daily rounds and also to collect the amniotic fluid.  They had given me strict instructions to go to the bathroom around 5:00 and then not get up until they collected fluid so that it had time to "pool" and was easier to collect.  It felt like I was going in for my yearly exam...!!! I have to kinda laugh at the whole process because Dr. Eckel was so excited once he found that there was enough fluid.  I think I remember hearing him say, "We have fluid! Wow, it's been a long time since we've seen this amount of fluid!" Sorry for the details, but I guess it's those little things that make a Doctor happy! I was happy too, because they said it sometimes takes an hour to collect if there isn't very much! They sent that off to be tested for lung maturity and we'll get the results sometime this afternoon or tonight.  He and my nurse were thinking that we have a good chance of maturity based on the color of the fluid, so we'll see if they are right! If they are, then the fun and madness will start tonight! (Not gonna lie, it makes me a little anxious to think about...) Since our baby boy has some dips in his heart rate with contractions, they are going to be watching him and I very closely should the Cytotec start making me contract...  I guess there are people that deliver off Cytotec and don't even need the Pitocin! YIKES! It might be a long night! Things could start happening rather quickly if Oliver doesn't tolerate the contractions well... If needed, we could go into an emergency C-Section at a moments notice.  So, I know we don't know anything yet, but if you could say some prayers for our little guy should labor start, it would be so much appreciated! We know he's a tough little one, so that brings us much peace! If someone told me, "Lindsey, it will be hectic for a while but at the end of all this Oliver will be out and everything will be ok and he'll be a happy little clam," I would feel a bit more calm right now.  It's just the unknown of it all right now that scares me a bit! But, like I've mentioned before, I know that God has his hands in all of this and He will be hear right besides us to take care of everything!

Something fun is that my best friend since Kindergarten is going to be induced either today or tomorrow so there is a chance we might have birthday buddies! :) That would just be too fun if that happened! She hit the 40 week mark and never did I ever think it would be possible for her and I to be delivering so close together! :)

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but one of the cutest things and one of my favorites is that Oliver gets the hiccups all the time! I can feel them and then it's fun to turn up the heart monitor volume because you can hear them too! He probably gets them about 3-4 times a day! Little man is probably gulping the fluid in there...

I'll try to do a quick update later on (if I can) to let you know what the results show, but if not, I'll post as soon as I can! Much love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment